Monday, 18 February 2008

Heart?

Friendship is like a piece of metal that holds together.
The longer you've been together,
it gets thicker, stronger.
It gets so thick,
it turns into bonds you never thought breakable.
The longer you've been apart,
it starts to rust.
Its up to you to polish it,
get rid of the bad to try and make it better again.
Sometimes you tend to mold friendship,
forcing it to turn into something better.
Sometimes, it works.
Sometimes, it bends and breaks apart.
Once that happens, the metal could never have the same shape.
Once that happens, the metal could never be as strong.
Once that happens, the metal could never be the same.

I'm sorry for breaking it.
Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always one reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release
memory seeps from my veins
let me be empty
and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight


Playing Pioneer tomorrow, if she comes to watch.
I'll be distracted.

No comments: