Wednesday, 29 April 2009

I used to have a problem

had a fight with my parents, came outta the house for some fresh air.
then decided to run, but didn't want to do laps.
so I put on my trusty nano, and ran as far as I could.
it wasn't very far, but I kept running.
till I couldn't run no more,
as though sadness,
shortened the time and energy that fueled my will to run.
Maybe it was just my mind, telling me, not to run too far,
not to get lost.
I reached this overhead bridge, across a hawker center.
It was 12:00 a.m
I sat down on the steps, crying, as the cars passed by.
Somehow, it gave me peace, the sound of the slow, soothing wind that the turning wheels brought along.
It was relieving, and my crying stopped.
the sound, the brush, of the very slight and gentle breeze
was just like a person, sitting next to you
trying to comfort you but, there were no words to explain,
no words to understand,
just, air, to feel and to hear, accompanied by engines and gear shifts.
I enjoyed this relief, every moment of it.
This is what my sorrow is worth.
I got up, and walked back.
The run was fast, but the walk was long.
The walk back, was strange and confusing,
like as though, I had never been here, but the slight twitch of the memory
brought me back home.
I wasn't afraid to run too far, I wasn't afraid to get lost.

No comments: